Our Values and Beliefs
Our aim is to be a loving community of disciples of Jesus, following him, growing in him, and witnessing to him through words, works and wonders.
- We seek to be friendly and real with one another, meeting each week in a variety of small groups, and on Sundays at Deer Park School & Coxwell Street for celebration, prayer, bible-teaching and coffee.
- Worship is at the heart of our life together, and we look to allow God’s Holy Spirit freedom to convict, heal, speak and renew us. Prayer ministry is always part of what we do.
- The foundation for our lives is our relationship with Jesus Christ, and we are convinced that this relationship is the most important & wonderful thing for any human being, both in this world and into eternity. Sharing this message of hope to the world is at the heart of who we are.
- Serving our local community is one of our passions – young people, the elderly, those disadvantaged – and getting involved in civic society. Serving the wider world in prayer, missions and giving is vital to our church life.
- Our understanding of God and the life that he wants us to live is drawn from the Bible which is at the heart of our understanding of the Christian faith. Our aim is to be stimulating, provocative, relevant and radical, as we attempt to follow the teaching of Jesus.
- We are committed to the Baptist Union Declaration of Principle which is a 3 part statement that all churches that are members of the Baptist Union of Great Britian ascribe to. For a more detailed statement of our beliefs and theology, take a look at the Evangelical Alliance Basis of Faith which our church is signed up to. CBC is part of the local ecumenical group, Churches Together in Cirencester.