The last time I was preaching at CBC I referred to the “Eight Big Questions”. These eight account for the vast majority of queries that people have about believing in God and the Christian faith. Almost every question that I am asked about God, can fit into one of these eight. They are all questions that I asked on my journey from atheism to Christianity. They are good questions.
Here they are:
- Why believe in God at all?
- So many religions?
- Bible – why trust it?
- Who is Jesus – man or God?
- Morality – why is X wrong? (where X is whichever behaviour or lifestyle that is being discussed)
- Hasn’t science disproved bible/God?
- If God is good, why is the church so rubbish?
You may have other questions – but I think that these eight cover the vast majority. Over the coming weeks, I intend to write my answers to these questions – and to point to others who have also found answers that may be more intelligent and profound than my own.
Watch this space.