The last few days before CBC moves its morning services from our site in Coxwell Street, Cirencester where the church has met since 1651 to Deer Park School. It’s been many years since the church began exploring the problem of overcrowding in our old buildings, and looking for solutions. Finally, this weekend we make the move to give us more space for more people.
It’s been a pleasure this week to chat to all the team leaders from our church and hear about their preparations for the move.
- The youth & children’s team have scouted out the new rooms for the 8 groups we have on Sunday mornings, and packed up boxes full of equipment.
- The worship music team have planned their rehearsals and will be there this Friday evening for a trail run.
- The welcome team has grown in number and reorganised themselves to make the welcome at the school the little bit extra. The new signs for the road and the building have been prepared.
- The hospitality (coffee) team have been up for a training session with the incredibly helpful catering manager. They have planned for new tables and chairs for us to sit at whilst we drink our coffee. They have packed the tea bags!
- The PA team are getting a full training session this Friday as we put the brand new Deer Park system through its paces.
Ben Fernandez, one of CBC’s deacons, has worked very hard in putting everything together; and it looks like we are ready.
BBC Radio Gloucestershire are coming to interview Naomi Shrubsole and me about the move (the programme will be broadcast this Sunday morning between 7-9am).
It will feel strange and different being there. But our prayer is that God’s Spirit will be poured out on all of us as we make this bold step to allow more people to find a spiritual home as part of our church.